Alpine Spring Yoga Retreat
ALPINE SPRING YOGA RETREAT [SOLD OUT]
29 Sept – 1 Oct 2017
Arrive: Friday 2pm – Leave: Sunday 3pm
Join Kylie Bertuch Haynes from Ginger Ki Yoga & Emily Rose from Emily Rose Yoga for a weekend retreat in the beautiful alpine town of Porepunkah, just 9kms from Bright, Victoria. Take time out to journey deeper this Spring as we reconnect & recharge, delve deeper into your yoga practice, set healthy intentions & enjoy some well deserved ‘you’ time…
Over the weekend Emily and Kylie will lead you through practices to replenish energy & encourage a deeper connection with the quiet within. We will explore vinyasa, yin & restorative sequences, meditation practices and other activities to invite more self-care into your life.
This retreat is specially designed for people of all experience & ability levels.
Our stunning private retreat location is set at the base of Mt Buffalo at the luxurious property of 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat. Surrounded in bushland, this property consists of one main house where all our meals and gatherings will mostly take place, one pool house (yes, there is a beautiful pool!) with 2 extra rooms, one on site yoga studio and one king suite where our teachers will stay.
Please note: There are four different accommodation options across the two houses. Space is limited. First in, best dressed.
- Main House Twin Share with Ensuite Bathroom $800 per person (SOLD OUT)
- Main House Twin Share with Shared Bathroom $750 per person [SOLD OUT]
- Pool House Private King Room with Shared Bathroom $1300 *Price is for room and could be shared by a couple. [SOLD OUT]
- Pool House Twin Share (bunk and double bed) $750 per person *Three friends could share this room – please contact us for triple share rate. [SOLD OUT]
THIS RETREAT IS NOW SOLD OUT. To be on the first to know list for the next retreat please contact Emily.
**Retreat Schedule now online.**
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Emily has practised many styles of yoga over the past 16 years but has settled recently on a strong yet slow vinyasa style that blends building strength with a softer more meditative, often philosophical side. After finishing teacher training in Hot and Vinyasa yoga in Melbourne Emily has also completed Prenatal, Postnatal and Restorative yoga teacher training with Bliss Baby Yoga and Yin Yoga and Mindfulness training with Sarah Powers. She has been teaching for 3 years and is registered with Yoga Alliance Australia® (350 Hour RYT).
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventure activities, mountains, the energetic and mindfulness practices of Yoga, Taoism and Buddhism, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga workshops and retreats. You can read more about Emily here.
Kylie has been practicing yoga for 12 years and teaching for 3 years.
The style she is most passionate about is vinyasa yoga and enjoys adding some suggestive personal enquiry, intention setting, creative sequencing and perspective changing concepts to her classes. Kylie has trained both overseas and locally and is fascinated and inspired by the broader concepts of what the life changing practice of yoga has to offer, both on and off the mat. Official trainings have included 500 Hours of Hatha, Ashtanga and Forrest Yoga influenced Power Vinyasa Yoga with Julia McCabe Yoga, Pre-Natal & Restorative Yoga with Bliss Baby Yoga.
Kylie is a Yoga Alliance Level 2 (500 Hour RYT) Registered Teacher and is passionate about spreading the love of yoga in her local and global communities. You can read more about Kylie here.
RETREAT SCHEDULE (TBC)
2pm – Arrive and check in. Chai and snacks available.
3pm – Opening Circle in the Yoga Studio
4pm – Slow Flow Vinyasa Class (90 mins)
6:30pm – Dinner
8:30pm – Fire Ceremony & Intention setting
9:30pm – Quiet time for reflection and journaling before bed.
5:30am – Detox personal practice time
6am – Meditation and Vinyasa Yoga class
8am – Breakfast
9am – Posture Workshop (Move your spine)
11:30am – Meditation around Mt Buffalo base
12:30pm – Picnic Lunch at the base of Mt Buffalo
1:30pm – Free time (optional treatments, walking, swimming, nap, journal)
5pm – Yin Liver practice (90 minutes)
7pm – Dinner
9pm – Meditation circle before bed.
5:30am – Detox personal practice window
6am – Meditation and Vinyasa Yoga class
8am – Breakfast
9am – Workshop (Essential Oils 101)
11:30am – Lunch
12:30pm – Reflection time, journalling and packing
1:30pm – Slow Flow Vinyasa class
2:30pm – Meditation
2:45pm – Closing circle and sharing opportunity
3pm – Check Out.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
215 Mt Buffalo Retreat is a 5 star modern architecturally designed home in beautiful North East Victorian High Country only 3 hour drive north of Melbourne. Located 60 minutes from Albury and 10 minutes from Bright.
The Main House features 4 spacious bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
The master suite contains a king size bed, luxury walk in robe and ensuite, with stunning views out onto the pool and the luscious greenery beyond.
All four bedrooms in The Main House can sleep up to two people in each, accommodating up to 8 guests in superior comfort (all beds can be split).
In the open plan lounge/dining room, twenty foot cathedral ceilings and 9ft ceilings elsewhere provide a sense of openness and space.
All rooms are furnished to the highest quality. North facing rooms with full length doubled glazed windows provide beautiful mountain views and access onto the huge deck directly overlooking the 11 m x 4.5m fully tiled solar heated in-ground pool.
The Pool House features 1 main bedroom with King size bed and 1 additional bedroom containing 1 Queen bed and a bunk bed, accommodating up to 6 guests.
Twenty foot cathedral ceilings in the lounge/dining room and 9ft ceilings elsewhere provide a sense of openness and space.
Wake up and step out onto the main deck with the most beautiful views across Victoria’s beautiful Alpine Country, witnessing some of the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets, there is no better way to begin or end your day of relaxing and rejuvenate both your body and mind.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Porepunkah is a small town on the Ovens River at the base of Mt Buffalo, just 5 minutes from Bright. Foodies will love the close proximity to the region’s amazing local produce, breweries, coffee roasters and wineries. Outdoor adventures have so many activities to choose from they’ll never want to leave (we know from experience!). Yoga, walking, hiking, rock climbing, trail running, swimming in the rivers, cycling on the roads, rail trails and mountain park trails, skiing, paragliding… For more information go to www.visitbright.com.au.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 2 nights accommodation with all bedding included
- All meals, drinks and snacks from check in until check out – home cooked nutritious whole foods (all dietary requirements can be catered for so please let us know upon booking)
- Twice daily yoga classes in the purpose built heated studio
- All mats and props for the practice (bring your own if you like though)
- Guided meditations each morning and evening
- Workshops around the theme of spring renewal
- Free time to enjoy the pool, walks or indulge in a treatment
- Some added extras that we will keep secret!
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Transport to and from 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat
WHAT TO BRING:
- Clothes & shoes
- Yoga mat and other props if you wish to use your own
- Yoga towel
- Warm, weather proof outerwear, just in case!
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW:
(Pop this in the comments section when booking)
- Any allergies or diet requirements?
- Any injuries?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
- Cancellation 8 weeks prior – Full refund
- Cancellation between 8 weeks and 7 days – 50% refund (unless place is transferred)
- Cancellation less than 7 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If you decide after arriving at the retreat that it is ‘not for you’, you will not receive a refund.
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.
- This is a retreat designed to be an in-house experience. Unfortunately there is not enough space for people who want to join in the activities but not stay in the accommodation. The prices are structured as a package deal and cannot be split up.