Alpine Summer Yoga Retreat
ALPINE SUMMER YOGA RETREAT
16 – 18 Feb 2018
Arrive: Friday 2pm – Leave: Sunday 3pm
Join Kylie Bertuch Haynes from Ginger Ki Yoga & Emily Rose from Emily Rose Yoga for a weekend retreat in the beautiful alpine town of Porepunkah, just 9kms from Bright, Victoria.
This summer take an opportunity to harness the energy of the sun, create a positive vision for your future and become your best self by stepping outside your comfort zone. We will explore vinyasa, yin & restorative sequences, meditation practices and some optional adventure activities in neighbouring Mt Buffalo National Park (think abseiling, paddle-boarding and hiking with expert local guides) to assist you to create positive energy in your life.
This retreat is specially designed for people of all experience & ability levels.
Our stunning private retreat location is set at the base of Mt Buffalo at the luxurious property of 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat. Surrounded in bushland, this property consists of one main house where all our meals and gatherings will mostly take place, one pool house (yes, there is a beautiful pool!) with 2 extra rooms, one on site yoga studio and one king suite where our teachers will stay.
There are four different accommodation options across the two houses. Space is limited. First in, best dressed.
- Main House Twin Share with Ensuite Bathroom $800 per person Early Bird [SOLD OUT!]
- Main House Twin Share with Shared Bathroom $750 per person Early Bird [Full price after 1 Jan 2018 $840]
- Pool House Private King Room with Shared Bathroom $1300 Early Bird *Price is for room and could be shared by a couple. [Full price after 1 Jan 2018 $1450]
- Pool House Twin Share (bunk and double bed) $750 per person Early Bird *Three friends could share this room – please contact us for triple share rate. [Full price after 1 Jan 2018 $840]
What participants have said about the Alpine Spring Yoga Retreat
In true love and caring spirit, Kylie & Emily gave us their mind, body and soul at their Inaugural Alpine Spring Yoga Retreat, We, in turn, were beautifully stretched and nourished. There is now a renewed ‘spring’ in my step which I am enjoying immensely. I would sincerely recommend their dedicated teachings to all.Pauline
I approached with apprehension not knowing what to expect and not having the ideal body type. I felt welcomed from beginning to end by a group of warm, friendly people. Classes and workshops were well planned and provided plenty of support. Combined with exceptional food and a stunning location my only complaint is that it was not long enough. Congratulations Kylie and Emily you did an amazing job coordinating and hosting your first retreat!Jenni
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 2 nights accommodation with all bedding included
- All meals, drinks and snacks from check in until check out – home cooked nutritious whole foods (all dietary requirements can be catered for so please let us know upon booking)
- Twice daily yoga classes in the purpose built heated studio
- All mats and props for the practice (bring your own if you like though)
- Guided meditations each morning and evening
- Workshops around the theme of creating positive change
- Essential Oils workshop
- Adventure activities at Mt Buffalo (a choice of hiking or abseiling with renowned local guides Bright Adventure Company)
- Free time to enjoy the pool or walk in the nearby bush
- Some added extras that we will keep secret!
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Emily has practised many styles of yoga over the past 16 years but has settled recently on a strong yet slow vinyasa style that blends building strength with a softer more meditative, often philosophical side. After finishing teacher training in Hot and Vinyasa yoga in Melbourne Emily has also completed Prenatal, Postnatal and Restorative yoga teacher training with Bliss Baby Yoga and Yin Yoga and Mindfulness training with Sarah Powers. She has been teaching for 3 years and is registered with Yoga Alliance Australia® (350 Hour RYT).
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventure activities, mountains, the energetic and mindfulness practices of Yoga, Taoism and Buddhism, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga workshops and retreats. You can read more about Emily here.
Kylie has been practicing yoga for 12 years and teaching for 3 years.
The style she is most passionate about is vinyasa yoga and enjoys adding some suggestive personal enquiry, intention setting, creative sequencing and perspective changing concepts to her classes. Kylie has trained both overseas and locally and is fascinated and inspired by the broader concepts of what the life changing practice of yoga has to offer, both on and off the mat. Official trainings have included 500 Hours of Hatha, Ashtanga and Forrest Yoga influenced Power Vinyasa Yoga with Julia McCabe Yoga, Pre-Natal & Restorative Yoga with Bliss Baby Yoga.
Kylie is a Yoga Alliance Level 2 (500 Hour RYT) Registered Teacher and is passionate about spreading the love of yoga in her local and global communities. You can read more about Kylie here.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
215 Mt Buffalo Retreat is a 5 star modern architecturally designed home in beautiful North East Victorian High Country only 3 hour drive north of Melbourne. Located 60 minutes from Albury and 10 minutes from Bright.
The Main House features 4 spacious bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
The master suite contains a king size bed, luxury walk in robe and ensuite, with stunning views out onto the pool and the luscious greenery beyond.
All four bedrooms in The Main House can sleep up to two people in each, accommodating up to 8 guests in superior comfort (all beds can be split).
In the open plan lounge/dining room, twenty foot cathedral ceilings and 9ft ceilings elsewhere provide a sense of openness and space.
All rooms are furnished to the highest quality. North facing rooms with full length doubled glazed windows provide beautiful mountain views and access onto the huge deck directly overlooking the 11 m x 4.5m fully tiled solar heated in-ground pool.
The Pool House features 1 main bedroom with King size bed and 1 additional bedroom containing 1 Queen bed and a bunk bed, accommodating up to 6 guests.
Twenty foot cathedral ceilings in the lounge/dining room and 9ft ceilings elsewhere provide a sense of openness and space.
Wake up and step out onto the main deck with the most beautiful views across Victoria’s beautiful Alpine Country, witnessing some of the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets, there is no better way to begin or end your day of relaxing and rejuvenate both your body and mind.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Porepunkah is a small town on the Ovens River at the base of Mt Buffalo, just 5 minutes from Bright. Foodies will love the close proximity to the region’s amazing local produce, breweries, coffee roasters and wineries. Outdoor adventures have so many activities to choose from they’ll never want to leave (we know from experience!). Yoga, walking, hiking, rock climbing, trail running, swimming in the rivers, cycling on the roads, rail trails and mountain park trails, skiing, paragliding… For more information go to www.visitbright.com.au.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Transport to and from 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat
WHAT TO BRING:
- Clothes & shoes
- Yoga mat and other props if you wish to use your own
- Yoga towel
- Swim wear for the pool
- Sturdy boots or runners for hiking/abseiling
- Warm, weather proof outerwear, just in case!
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW:
(Pop this in the comments section when booking)
- Any allergies or diet requirements?
- Any injuries?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
- Cancellation 8 weeks prior – Full refund
- Cancellation between 8 weeks and 7 days – 50% refund (unless place is transferred)
- Cancellation less than 7 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If you decide after arriving at the retreat that it is ‘not for you’, you will not receive a refund.
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.
- This is a retreat designed to be an in-house experience. Unfortunately there is not enough space for people who want to join in the activities but not stay in the accommodation. The prices are structured as a package deal and cannot be split up.