One Day Retreat: Awaken with Spring
One Day Yoga Retreat: Awaken with Spring
Date: Saturday 9 September
Time: 10 am – 4 pm
Venue: Wandiful Produce, 795 Morses Creek Rd, Wandiligong
Cost: $150 (includes lunch at the farm)
Join Emily Rose Yoga and Wandiful Produce for a yoga retreat in the beautiful town of Wandiligong, near Bright in North East Victoria.
In this one day retreat we will disconnect from technology and connect with ourselves, each other and nature with present moment awareness.
As warmth begins and awakens the buds into blossom, so does the body start to wake. Take a day to rejuvenate, warm up and be energised with a wonderful introduction to Spring through mindful yoga practice led by Emily Rose Yoga. Combine this with learning about the connection between our soil microbial world and us in the vegetable garden and getting our hands into the earth with Megan Hughes from Wandiful Produce. We’ll cook and eat a delicious lunch together and spend time relaxing in meditation, walking in the beautiful Wandiligong forests and breathing in the peppermint alpine air.
This retreat is suitable for all levels.
** Slow down. Listen Deeply. Connect. **
What is included?
- Farm to plate style, morning tea and home cooked lunch
- Two Yoga sessions with a focus on awakening new energy
- Meditation tools to facilitate presence
- All mats, props and blankets for the yoga and meditation practice
- Farm focussed activities including learning about soil microbials and the connection with our gut health
- Bush walks in the local forest
What is not included?
- Transport to and from Wandiful Produce
- Accommodation in the area
There are a number of good accommodation options in the area. You can either look at holiday houses through either of the following accommodation booking websites:
Alternatively there is accommodation at the Wandi Pub or there are a number of motels in Bright.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes for yoga and meditation.
- Warm and weather proof clothes. It is just into spring and we are in the mountains. This is a nature and farm based experience and we will spend some time outdoors so please dress appropriately (think hats, gloves, warm socks, layers and waterproof clothes if rain is forecast).
- Sturdy footwear for walking in the bush and on the farm.
- Yoga mat and other props if you wish to use your own (these will be available)
Please leave your cameras and phones either in your car, home or bag and switched off! The aim of this retreat is to take the opportunity to be completely present in each experience and technology can often be a distraction from this.
Please inform us of:
- Any allergies or diet requirements?
- Any injuries?
Please email through to [email protected] when you book.
About your facilitators
Emily has been teaching yoga since 2014 and competed training in Mindful Hot Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga with Grass Roots Yoga, Australian Yoga Academy and Ihana Yoga in Melbourne. She has completed Yin and Mindfulness training with Sarah Powers (Insight Yoga) and Restorative yoga with Ana Davis (Bliss Baby). Prior to becoming a full time yoga teacher Emily has worked for over 10 years as an event organiser, people and client relationship manager and ski chalet host. She has also served on committees and as a volunteer group organiser working on human rights campaigns.
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventure activities, mountains, the energetic and mindfulness practices of Yoga, Taoism and Buddhism, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga workshops and retreats. You can read more about Emily here.
Wandilful Produce small farm chestnuts, pasture raised eggs and other produce with biodynamics. The specialty products are created on the farm and the farm shed has a seasonal cafe, farm gate store and is the venue for fun, relaxed skill-building workshops and events with food. Megan has studied Applied Science and has a Masters in Education for Sustainability with lots of experience from her career in environmental engagement programmes and working with community. Now she grows chestnuts and other produce biodynamically on her small farm with a passion for connecting people to food, its production and sharing knowledge.
What other people had to say:
A beautiful journey into the world of mindfulness, connection with our amazing earth and appreciation of nature’s gifts..Thank you
Highly recommended because you deserve to invest in you and in experiences that will grow and nourish your own self.Ailsa
The day was beautifully balanced. Megan arranged a beautiful time at Wandi Produce and she is very knowledgeable; Emily is a calming and skilled yoga person, I felt very supported.Ros
Terms and Conditions
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
- Cancellations more than 7 days prior – 50% refund unless we can fill the place.
- Cancellation less than 7 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.