One Day Retreat: Walk, Forage, Yoga
One Day Yoga Retreat: Walk, Forage, Yoga
**Due to low numbers this One Day Retreat has been cancelled. The next retreat will be held on Saturday 9 September: Awaken with Spring. Register your interest below.***
Date: Saturday 17 June
Time: 10 am – 7 pm
Venue: Wandiful Produce, 795 Morses Creek Rd, Wandiligong
Cost: $180 (includes lunch & dinner at the farm)
Join Emily Rose Yoga and Wandiful Produce for a yoga retreat in the beautiful town of Wandiligong, near Bright in North East Victoria.
In this one day retreat we will disconnect from technology and connect with ourselves, each other and nature with present moment awareness. As well as yoga and meditation, the retreat includes bush walking through the beautiful forests close to the biodynamic chestnut farm Wandiful Produce as well as foraging and cooking our lunch.
We will have an in-depth look at the edible weeds in the pasture to learn some of the different common wild plants which are perfect to harvest right now after being tenderised by frost. In the cooler months these leafy greens are some of the most nutritious and abundantly available for foraging, as the vegetable garden varieties are often not as frost tolerant. Take home some knowledge on at least 5 common and edible ‘weeds’ that have been staple greens for so many centuries. Your homemade salads, frittatas and stir fries will never have been so wild!
The day will start with a gentle yoga and meditation session to ground and centre. Winter is the most reflective season of the year and each of the mind-body practices will have a particular focus on shifting our attention to our core and on nourishing the kidney energy. Mindfulness exercises will be included throughout the day to encourage presence in each experience with each other, the food and the stunning natural environment. We will conclude the day with a warming, dynamic yoga practice after being out in the wintery weather and then have a ceremonious lighting of the outdoor fire to share our experiences, songs, stories, and dinner together under the night skies.
This retreat is suitable for all levels.
** Slow down. Listen Deeply. Connect. **
Yoga Retreat Schedule:
About your facilitators
Emily has been teaching yoga since 2014 and competed training in Mindful Hot Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga with Grass Roots Yoga, Australian Yoga Academy and Ihana Yoga in Melbourne. She has completed Yin and Mindfulness training with Sarah Powers (Insight Yoga) and Restorative yoga with Ana Davis (Bliss Baby). Prior to becoming a full time yoga teacher Emily has worked for over 10 years as an event organiser, people and client relationship manager and ski chalet host. She has also served on committees and as a volunteer group organiser working on human rights campaigns.
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventure activities, mountains, the energetic and mindfulness practices of Yoga, Taoism and Buddhism, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga workshops and retreats. You can read more about Emily here.
Wandilful Produce small farm chestnuts, pasture raised eggs and other produce with biodynamics. The specialty products are created on the farm and the farm shed has a seasonal cafe, farm gate store and is the venue for fun, relaxed skill-building workshops and events with food. Megan has studied Applied Science and has a Masters in Education for Sustainability with lots of experience from her career in environmental engagement programmes and working with community. Now she grows chestnuts and other produce biodynamically on her small farm with a passion for connecting people to food, its production and sharing knowledge.
What is included?
- Farm to plate style, home cooked lunch, afternoon tea and dinner plus tea and other drinks
- Two Yoga sessions with a focus on the winter theme
- Meditation tools to facilitate presence
- All mats, props and blankets for the yoga and meditation practice
- Farm focussed activities including learning about foraging for edible weeds
- Bush walks in the local forest
What is not included?
- Transport to and from Wandiful Produce
- Accommodation in the area
There are a number of good accommodation options in the area. You can either look at holiday houses through either of the following accommodation booking websites:
Alternatively there is accommodation at the Wandi Pub or there are a number of motels in Bright.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes for yoga and meditation.
- Warm and weather proof clothes. It is winter and we are in the mountains. This is a nature and farm based experience and we will spend some time outdoors so please dress appropriately (think hats, gloves, warm socks, layers and waterproof clothes if rain is forecast).
- Sturdy footwear for walking in the bush and on the farm.
- Yoga mat and other props if you wish to use your own (these will be available)
Please leave your cameras and phones either in your car, home or bag and switched off! The aim of this retreat is to take the opportunity to be completely present in each experience and technology can often be a distraction from this.
Please inform us of:
- Any allergies or diet requirements?
- Any injuries?
Please email through to [email protected] when you book.
Terms and Conditions
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
- Cancellations more than 7 days prior – 50% refund unless we can fill the place.
- Cancellation less than 7 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.