I make these cookies for the One Day Retreats I run with Kylie up at 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat. Let’s just say they don’t stay on the plate for very long and everyone asks for the recipe!
They are pretty healthy (as healthy as chocolate cookies can be), easy to make and super delicious. Almost a cross between a biscuit and a macaron! My original recipe uses honey but you can easily make these vegan by substituting with rice malt syrup or coconut sugar (just upping the quantity a little).
Here is the recipe below.
…. You’re welcome. 😉
Almond and Choc Chunk Cookies
(Makes around 10 small cookies)
1 cup almond flour/meal (or substitute for another nut meal)
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp raw honey / 1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp almond milk
70g good quality vegan / refined sugar free dark chocolate bar chopped up into small pieces (I use Loving Earth)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and almond milk.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheet and form into a circle.
6. Bake for 8-12 minutes until the bottoms are golden.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might want to double these quantities (or triple) – these cookies are massively addictive. I warned you!
Enjoy and let me know how you go with them in the comments. xx