ALPINE SPRING YOGA RETREAT
2019 ALPINE SPRING YOGA RETREAT
Thu 3 – Sun 6 October 2019
215 Mt Buffalo Retreat, Mt Buffalo Rd, Porepunkah
Join Kylie Bertuch Haynes from Ginger Ki Yoga & Emily Rose from Emily Rose Yoga for a weekend yoga retreat in the beautiful alpine town of Porepunkah, just 9kms from Bright, Victoria.
Take an opportunity to harness the renewing energy of spring, create a positive vision for your future and become your best self!
We will explore vinyasa, yin & restorative sequences, meditation practices and some optional adventure activities in neighbouring Mt Buffalo National Park (think abseiling, paddle-boarding and hiking with expert local guides) to assist you to create positive energy in your life.
This retreat is specially designed for people of all experience & ability levels.
Our stunning private retreat location is set at the base of Mt Buffalo at the luxurious property of 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat. Surrounded in bushland, this property consists of one main house where all our meals and gatherings will mostly take place, one pool house (yes, there is a beautiful pool!) with 2 extra rooms, one on site yoga studio and one king suite studio.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
215 Mt Buffalo Retreat is a 5 star modern architecturally designed home in beautiful North East Victorian High Country only 3 hour drive north of Melbourne. Located just over an hour from Albury and 10 minutes from Bright.
The Main House features 4 spacious bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
The master suite contains a king size bed, luxury walk in robe and ensuite, with stunning views out onto the pool and the luscious greenery beyond.
All four bedrooms in The Main House can sleep up to two people in each, accommodating up to 8 guests in superior comfort (all beds can be split).
In the open plan lounge/dining room, twenty foot cathedral ceilings and 9ft ceilings elsewhere provide a sense of openness and space.
All rooms are furnished to the highest quality. North facing rooms with full length doubled glazed windows provide beautiful mountain views and access onto the huge deck directly overlooking the 11 m x 4.5m fully tiled solar heated in-ground pool.
The Pool House features 1 main bedroom with King size bed (can be split into two singles) and 1 additional bedroom containing 1 Queen bed and a bunk bed, accommodating up to 6 guests.
Twenty foot cathedral ceilings in the lounge/dining room and 9ft ceilings elsewhere provide a sense of openness and space.
Wake up and step out onto the main deck with the most beautiful views across Victoria’s beautiful Alpine Country, witnessing some of the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets, there is no better way to begin or end your day of relaxing and rejuvenate both your body and mind.
The Studio features a king size bed (can be split), full kitchen and private courtyard garden. The Buffalo King Studio is a modern version of the miners cottage.
A high ceiling provides a sense of openness.
ABOUT THE RETREAT EXPERIENCE
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 3 nights accommodation at the luxury 215 Mt Buffalo
- All meals, drinks and snacks from check in until check out – vegetarian, Ayurvedic whole foods prepared by a private chef (all dietary requirements can be catered for so please let us know upon booking)
- Twice daily yoga classes with either Kylie Bertuch or Emily Rose in the purpose built studio
- All mats and props for the practice (bring your own if you like though)
- Guided meditations each morning and evening
- Workshops around the theme of creating positive change
- Essential Oils workshop
- Adventure activities at Mt Buffalo (a choice of hiking or abseiling with renowned local guides Bright Adventure Company)
- Free time to enjoy the pool or walk in the nearby bush
- Some added extras that we will keep secret!
There are four different accommodation options across the two houses. This is an intimate retreat and places are limited. Room options will be allocated on first come first served basis so please specify your room request on booking.
TIER 3 PRICING:
- Private Studio Twin Share. Investment: $1800 per person
- Main House Twin Share with Ensuite Bathroom. SOLD OUT
- Main House Twin Share with Shared Bathroom. Investment: $1200 per person
- Pool House Twin Share with Shared Bathroom. Investment: $1300 per person
* Book with a friend and share a room or come along on your own and we will aim to place you in a room with someone. Retreats are a great place to meet like-minded people so don’t let coming on your own put you off!
** Payment plans available – please contact for more information.
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Emily has been a student of many styles of yoga over the past 20 years but particularly loves to teach a strong yet slow flowing vinyasa style, that blends alignment based principles to build strength with a softer mindful, often philosophical side. Emily has over 500 hours of teacher training (including Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Prenatal and Kids yoga), has been teaching for 5 years, with over 1000 hours of teaching experience, and is registered Level 2 teacher with Yoga Australia. She is currently undertaking further study in Mindfulness Meditation teaching and is passionate about bringing the life-changing practices of Buddhist meditation and philosophy into her classes and retreats.
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventures in the mountains, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga. You can read more about Emily here.
Kylie has been practicing yoga for 14 years and teaching for 7 years. The style she is most passionate about is vinyasa yoga and enjoys adding some suggestive personal enquiry, intention setting, creative sequencing and perspective changing concepts to her classes. Kylie has trained both overseas and locally and is fascinated and inspired by the broader concepts of what the life changing practice of yoga has to offer, both on and off the mat.
Official trainings have included 500+ Hours of Hatha, Ashtanga and Forrest Yoga influenced Power Vinyasa Yoga with Julia McCabe Yoga, Pre-Natal & Restorative Yoga with Bliss Baby Yoga, and most recently 50 Hour advanced Training with Irene Ais on energy anatomy and the 5 koshas.
Kylie is a Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia Level 2 (500 Hour RYT) Registered Teacher with over 1000 hours of teaching experience and is passionate about spreading the love of yoga in her local and global communities. You can read more about Kylie here.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Porepunkah is a small town on the Ovens River at the base of Mt Buffalo, just 5 minutes from Bright. Foodies will love the close proximity to the region’s amazing local produce, breweries, coffee roasters and wineries. Outdoor adventures have so many activities to choose from they’ll never want to leave (we know from experience!). Yoga, walking, hiking, rock climbing, trail running, swimming in the rivers, cycling on the roads, rail trails and mountain park trails, skiing, paragliding… For more information go to www.visitbright.com.au.
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Transport to and from 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat
WHAT TO BRING:
- Clothes & shoes
- Yoga mat and other props if you wish to use your own
- Yoga towel
- Swim wear for the pool
- Sturdy boots or runners for hiking/abseiling
- Warm, weather proof outerwear, just in case!
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW:
(Pop this in the comments section when booking)
- Any allergies or diet requirements?
- Any injuries?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
* TIER 1 price + Free gift if booked and paid in full by 30 April 2019 (10% off the full price)
* TIER 2 price if booked and paid in full by 30 June 2019 (10% off the full price)
* TIER 3 price to be booked and paid in full by 11 Sept 2019
- Cancellation 8 weeks prior – Full refund minus administration fee of $50 (Unless place is transferred)
- Cancellation between 8 weeks and 21 days – 50% refund (unless place is transferred)
- Cancellation less than 21 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If you decide after arriving at the retreat that it is ‘not for you’, you will not receive a refund.
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.
- This is a retreat designed to be an in-house experience. Unfortunately there is not enough space for people who want to join in the activities but not stay in the accommodation. The prices are structured as a package deal and cannot be split up.