Farm Connection: A Journey to Wellbeing
Farm Connection: A Journey to Wellbeing
Date: Sunday 6 May 2018
Time: 8am – 12pm
Location: Wandiful Produce farm shed, 795 Morses Creek Rd, Wandiligong (8kms from Bright, Vic)Wandiful Produce is found on Google Maps.
Investment: (includes brunch at the farm)
Children between the ages of 12 and 18: $50
Parking: There are 9 car spaces in the shed yard. The shed and parking is accessed via Austin Lane off Morses Creek Rd.Plenty of extra parking along Morses Creek Rd.
Spend a morning on a small biodynamic farm in Wandiligong Victoria, slowing down and making connections between:
‒ healthy food through soil and getting dirty hands,
‒ a more aware mind through meditation practice,
‒ an energised and nourished body through yoga.
Share this day’s journey with friends or family, or meet new friends on the day, while also enjoying fresh farm to table food, the simple pleasure of walking in the nearby forest and breathing the peppermint gum infused air.
Facilitating your journey is Emily Rose of Emily Rose Yoga and Megan Hughes of Wandiful Produce.
** The experience is suitable for all conditions as the yoga we practice will be gentle and mindful and modifications will be provided if needed. The experience involves some periods of meditation and stillness and would be most suited to children of high school age. If you wish to bring your child under the age of 12 please contact Emily to discuss.
More details of what is included?
- Vegetarian/vegan snacks and light lunch/brunch plus drinks
- A gentle session of yoga with a focus on mindfully moving the body and connecting with breath (both Yin and Yang styles of yoga will be covered and the classes are suitable for all levels and experience)
- A farm experience including collecting and foraging for produce and learning about growing healthy food
- Facilitated meditations
- Guided nature walk
- Mats, props and blankets for the yoga and meditation practice.
What is not included?
- Transport to and from Wandiful Produce
- Accommodation in the area
You can find plenty of accommodation options to suit all budgets in both Wandiligong and Bright by searching Airbnb, Stayz, Bright Escapes or Alpine Valley Getaways, as well as other accommodation sites.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes for yoga and meditation.
- Warm and weather proof clothes – hats, gloves, warm socks, layers and waterproof clothes if rain is forecast.
- Sturdy footwear for walking in the bush and on the farm.
- Yoga mat and other props if you wish to use your own.
- Note* Please leave cameras and phones behind or at least switched off for the day.
Please inform us of:
- Any allergies or dietary requirements. We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
- Any injuries, pregnancy or other factors regarding your physical state.
Please email through to [email protected] when you book.
About your facilitators
Emily has been teaching yoga since 2014 and competed training in Mindful Hot Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga with Grass Roots Yoga, Australian Yoga Academy and Ihana Yoga in Melbourne. She has completed Yin and Mindfulness training with Sarah Powers (Insight Yoga) and Restorative yoga with Ana Davis (Bliss Baby). Prior to becoming a full time yoga teacher Emily has worked for over 10 years as an event organiser, people and client relationship manager and ski chalet host. She has also served on committees and as a volunteer group organiser working on human rights campaigns.
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventure activities, mountains, the energetic and mindfulness practices of Yoga, Taoism and Buddhism, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga workshops and retreats. You can read more about Emily here.
Wandilful Produce small farm chestnuts, pasture raised eggs and other produce with biodynamics. The specialty products are created on the farm and the farm shed has a seasonal cafe, farm gate store and is the venue for fun, relaxed skill-building workshops and events with food. Megan has studied Applied Science and has a Masters in Education for Sustainability with lots of experience from her career in environmental engagement programmes and working with community. Now she grows chestnuts and other produce biodynamically on her small farm with a passion for connecting people to food, its production and sharing knowledge.
What other people had to say:
Terms and Conditions
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
- Cancellations more than 7 days prior – 50% refund unless we can fill the place.
- Cancellation less than 7 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.