IGNITE YOUR INTENTIONS
IGNITE YOUR INTENTIONS
A one day retreat with Emily Rose Yoga and Ginger Ki Yoga
Saturday 5 January 2019 | 9am – 5:30pm
215 Mt Buffalo Retreat, Mt Buffalo Road, Porepunkah
Dare to dream as you join teachers Kylie Bertuch Haynes from Ginger Ki Yoga & Emily Rose from Emily Rose Yoga for an inspirational one day retreat at the stunning 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat’s Yoga studio, surrounded by bushland and breath-taking views.
This New Year take time out to work on your self, develop your deepest desires and create a positive vision for your 2019 year!
We will explore vinyasa, yin & restorative yoga sequences, meditation practices, silent reflection, essential oils, crystals, journalling and visioning exercises to empower you to manifest positive energy in your life.
A healthy lunch and snacks will be provided with time to walk in the surrounding bush or swim in the onsite pool.
This retreat is specially designed for people of all experience & ability levels.
It is worth attending the retreat for the connections you make with others alone. Not to mention the beautiful day the ladies put together with all things self love. What a beautiful part of the world to do it in too.
The highlight to me was how the pieces pulled together with the oils, intentions, crystals, meditation etc. It was a beautifully put together day, very enriching. Thank you so much for the presents to take away to ensure I continue my practice.Sarah Stow
Each moment in life is an opportunity to reflect and to act with intention.
But, we spend most of our time rushing around, caught up in whatever drama is current playing out, going through the motions of life. We struggle to find the space to gather ourselves, to connect to what feels true for us and to create some changes to step out of these habits.
A new year has always symbolically provided a time to create this space to reflect on the past year and to make positive changes for the year ahead.
However, even then we don’t always have the best tools at hand to set our New Year Resolutions. They can be superficial, hard to stick to and so broken by soon after, leading to a greater feeling of failure!
In yoga we have a specific process for setting an intention. In Sanskrit this is called a Sankalpa and you may have heard this term at the start of a yoga class.
A definition of sankalpa is a vow to follow your most heartfelt desires, to be connected to the highest truth and follow your dharma (your life’s purpose). Yoga teaches us that we already posses all we need within us to fulfill our dharma, it is just a case of focussing and channeling our energy in the right direction. With this in mind the sankalpa is very much a resolve to connect to our truth within.
Through yoga practice, meditation techniques and reflective tools, such as journalling, we are able to connect with our values more deeply and create positive intentions and achievable goals that inspire us and give us energy, rather than leaving us feeling more depleted.
This full day of yoga and meditation will not only give you the time for yourself to find some space and balance away from the distractions of every day life. It will include tried and tested tools to create change. doTERRA Essential Oils, a beautiful Practice You journal and HartRoks crystals are included as gifts in this deeply nourishing day.
ABOUT THE DAY
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Two yoga classes
- All mats and props for the practice (bring your own if you like though)
- Guided meditations individually and in pairs/groups
- Healthy vegetarian lunch, snacks, tea and water
- A copy of “Practice You: A Journal” by Elena Brower to work with on the day and take home
- A HartRoks crystal pack including information on cleansing crystals and manifesting with them
- Workshops around the theme of creating intentions
- Essential Oils for the practices
- Some time to enjoy the pool or walk in the nearby bush
- 9:00 – Opening Circle – set intention for the day
- 9:30 – Vinyasa yoga practice and Pranayama
- 11:00 – Introduction to meditation and journalling
- 12:30 – Healthy lunch, walk and optional swim
- 13:30 – Ignite your Intention workshop (visioning and manifesting)
- 15.30 – Restorative / Yin yoga practice with doTerra Essential Oils
- 17:00 – Final journalling and group/partner meditation
- 17:30 – Closing meditation and circle
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Emily has been a student of many styles of yoga over the past 20 years but particularly loves to teach a strong yet slow flowing vinyasa style, that blends alignment based principles to build strength with a softer mindful, often philosophical side. Emily has over 500 hours of teacher training (including Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Prenatal and Kids yoga), has been teaching for 5 years and is registered with Yoga Australia. She is currently undertaking further study in Mindfulness Meditation teaching and is passionate about bringing the life-changing practices of Buddhist meditation and philosophy into her classes and retreats.
Emily loves whole foods, nature, adventures in the mountains, taking action on injustice, teaching and above all connecting people in love and kindness through yoga. You can read more about Emily here.
Kylie has been practicing yoga for 14 years and teaching for 7 years. The style she is most passionate about is vinyasa yoga and enjoys adding some suggestive personal enquiry, intention setting, creative sequencing and perspective changing concepts to her classes. Kylie has trained both overseas and locally and is fascinated and inspired by the broader concepts of what the life changing practice of yoga has to offer, both on and off the mat.
Official trainings have included 500+ Hours of Hatha, Ashtanga and Forrest Yoga influenced Power Vinyasa Yoga with Julia McCabe Yoga, Pre-Natal & Restorative Yoga with Bliss Baby Yoga, and most recently 50 Hour advanced Training with Irene Ais on energy anatomy and the 5 koshas.
Kylie is a Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia Level 2 (500 Hour RYT) Registered Teacher with over 1000 hours of teaching experience and is passionate about spreading the love of yoga in her local and global communities. You can read more about Kylie here.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Our stunning private retreat location is set at the base of Mt Buffalo at the luxurious property of 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat. Surrounded in bushland, this property consists of accommodation and a pool in addition to the on site heated yoga studio. We will have use of the grounds and pool during the day. Please contact us if you would like to enquire about accommodation in one of the houses. More information about the range of accommodation on offer can be found at 215 Mt Buffalo Retreat.
Porepunkah is a small town on the Ovens River at the base of Mt Buffalo, just 5 minutes from Bright. Foodies will love the close proximity to the region’s amazing local produce, breweries, coffee roasters and wineries. Outdoor adventures have so many activities to choose from they’ll never want to leave (we know from experience!). Yoga, walking, hiking, rock climbing, trail running, swimming in the rivers, cycling on the roads, rail trails and mountain park trails, skiing, paragliding… For more information go to www.visitbright.com.au.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
100% of the payment is required to secure your place.
- Cancellation 8 weeks prior – Full refund
- Cancellation between 8 weeks and 7 days – 50% refund (unless place is transferred)
- Cancellation less than 7 days – no refund. (unless place is transferred).
- If you decide after arriving at the retreat that it is ‘not for you’, you will not receive a refund.
- If we, the organisers cancel due to lack of sufficient numbers, by a certain date determined by us, you will receive a full refund.
- If there is a natural disaster in the area that prevents us from undertaking the retreat the organisers will make a decision as to the status of the bookings, in the best interest of all parties concerned. You will most likely receive a full refund.